Medical devices : surgical and image-guided technologies
- edited by Martin Culjat, Rahul Singh, Hua Lee.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxi, 429 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|R856 .M43 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 395-424) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Addressing the exploding interest in bioengineering for healthcare applications, this book provides readers with detailed yet easy-to-understand guidance on biomedical device engineering. Written by prominent physicians and engineers, Medical Devices: Surgical and Image-Guided Technologies is organized into stand-alone chapters covering devices and systems in diagnostic, surgical, and implant procedures. Assuming only basic background in math and science, the authors clearly explain the fundamentals for different systems along with such topics as engineering considerations, therapeutic techniques and applications, future trends, and more. After describing how to manage a design project for medical devices, the book examines the following: Instruments for laparoscopic and ophthalmic surgery, plus surgical robotics Catheters in vascular therapy and energy-based hemostatic surgical devices Tissue ablation systems and the varied uses of lasers in medicine Vascular and cardiovascular devices, plus circulatory support devices Ultrasound transducers, X-ray imaging, and neuronavigation An absolute must for biomedical engineers, Medical Devices: Surgical and Image-Guided Technologies is also an invaluable guide for students in all engineering majors and pre-med programs interested in exploring this fascinating field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781118452776 20160615
- Publication date
- 9780470549186 (hardback)
- 0470549181 (hardback)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: