Proceedings of the Fourth Seattle Symposium in Biostatistics : clinical trials
- Thomas R. Fleming, Bruce S. Weir, editors.
- New York : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- viii, 249 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Lecture notes in statistics (Springer-Verlag). Proceedings 1205.
Math & Statistics Library
|R853 .C55 S43 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Biomarkers : role in the design and interpretation of clinical trials. The role and potential of surrogate outcomes in clinical trials : have we made any progress in the past decade? / David L. DeMets ; On the use of biomarkers to elucidate clinical trial results : examples from the women's health initiative / Ross L. Prentice and Shanshan Zhao ; On the use of biomarkers in vaccine research and development / Steven G. Self
- Biomarkers : issues in individualized therapy. Recent developments in the use of clinical trials to support individualizing therapies : a regulatory perspective / Robert T.O'Neill ; Oncology clinical trials in the genomic Era / Richard Simon and Jyothi Subramanian ; Using SNPs to characterize genetic effects in clinical trials / B.S. Weir
- Issues in multi-regional clinical trials. Why is this subgroup different from all other subgroups? : thoughts on regional differences in randomized clinical trials / Janet Wittes
- Safety. Quantitative risk/benefit assessment : where are we? / Christy Chuang-Stein ; Identifying and addressing safety signals in clinical trials : some issues and challenges / Thomas R. Fleming ; Past, present, and future of drug safety assessment / Robert Temple
- Special topics. Designing, monitoring, and analyzing group sequential clinical trials using the RCTdesign package for R / Daniel L. Gillen and Scott S. Emerson ; Genetic markers in clinical trials / B.S. Weir and P.J. Heagerty
- Addresses for contact authors (in the same order as the papers).
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume contains a selection of chapters base on papers presented at the Fourth Seattle Symposium in Biostatistics: Clinical Trials. The symposium was held in 2010 to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the University of Washington School of Public Health and Community Medicine. It featured keynote lectures by David DeMets and Susan Ellenberg and 16 invited presentations by other prominent researchers. The papers contained in this volume encompass recent methodological advances in several important clinical trials research, such as biomarkers, meta-analyses, sequential and adaptive clinical trials, and various genetic bioinformatic techniques. This volume will be a valuable reference for researchers and practitioners in the field of clinical trials.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781461452447 20160610
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Clinical trials
- Lecture notes in statistics--Proceedings), 1869-7240 ; 1205
- Papers presented at the Fourth Seattle Symposium in Biostatics held on November 22 and 23, 2010 in Seattle, Wash.
- 9781461452447 (pbk.)
- 1461452449 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: