Breviary, with neumes, with readings for the fourth Sunday in Lent : manuscript fragment
- England : [s.n.], [mid-13th century]
- Physical description
- Lower half of a leaf, 121 x 149 mm.
The Manuscripts Division of the Department of Special Collections at Stanford University Library exists to arrange, describe, preserve, and make available documents of enduring historic value, both as intellectual items \n and as historical artifacts, to support the research needs of the undergraduates, graduate students, faculty and other scholars at Stanford University and beyond.
- Corporate Author
- Catholic Church.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Double columns written in dark brown ink in a fine gothic hand, 17 lines, ruled with plummet.
- Square notation on four-line staves ruled in red, two initials in blue with contrasting penwork in red, smaller initials in dark brown with contrasting penwork in red.
- Rubbed, creased and soiled from use in a binding.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 2013. Accession 2013-067.
- From the collection of Sir Thomas Phillipps; most likely acquired by him at the Bliss sale (1858) and probably therefore recovered from an Oxford binding.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: