Breviary, with neumes, with readings for the fourth Sunday in Lent : manuscript fragment
- England : [s.n.], [mid-13th century]
- Physical description
- Lower half of a leaf, 121 x 149 mm.
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|MISC 1849||In-library use|
- Corporate Author
- Catholic Church.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Double columns written in dark brown ink in a fine gothic hand, 17 lines, ruled with plummet.
- Square notation on four-line staves ruled in red, two initials in blue with contrasting penwork in red, smaller initials in dark brown with contrasting penwork in red.
- Rubbed, creased and soiled from use in a binding.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 2013. Accession 2013-067.
- From the collection of Sir Thomas Phillipps; most likely acquired by him at the Bliss sale (1858) and probably therefore recovered from an Oxford binding.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: