Missal : manuscript leaf
- Germany? : [s.n.], [late 12th century]
- Physical description
- 1 leaf, 360 x 260 mm (245 x 170 mm)
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|MISC 1847||In-library use|
The Manuscripts Division of the Department of Special Collections at Stanford University Library exists to arrange, describe, preserve, and make available documents of enduring historic value, both as intellectual items \n and as historical artifacts, to support the research needs of the undergraduates, graduate students, faculty and other scholars at Stanford University and beyond.
- Corporate Author
- Catholic Church
- Containing feasts for Saint Sebastian (20 January), Saint Agnes (21 January) and SS Vincent and Anastasius (22 January).
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- A complete leaf, double columns of 23 lines in two sizes of a late romanesque liturgical script, dark brown ink, ruled with plummet, initials alternately in red and blue, rubrics, foliated ‘cliii’ on recto; recovered from use as a wrapper and with consequent staining on recto, two small holes with minor loss of text. [from dealer description]
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 2013. Accession 2013-065.
- Recovered from use as an archival wrapper in the vicinity of Asti (Piedmont): the recto is inscribed ‘Nota Instr[ument]or[um] receptor[um] per me Jo. Anthoniu[m] de s[an]cto martino cive[m] et not[ari]u[m] coll[eg]iatu[m] asten[sem] de annis d[omi]ni 1556 et 1557’.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: