Missal : manuscript leaf
- Germany? : [s.n.], [late 12th century]
- Physical description
- 1 leaf, 360 x 260 mm (245 x 170 mm)
- Corporate Author
- Catholic Church
- Containing feasts for Saint Sebastian (20 January), Saint Agnes (21 January) and SS Vincent and Anastasius (22 January).
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- A complete leaf, double columns of 23 lines in two sizes of a late romanesque liturgical script, dark brown ink, ruled with plummet, initials alternately in red and blue, rubrics, foliated ‘cliii’ on recto; recovered from use as a wrapper and with consequent staining on recto, two small holes with minor loss of text. [from dealer description]
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 2013. Accession 2013-065.
- Recovered from use as an archival wrapper in the vicinity of Asti (Piedmont): the recto is inscribed ‘Nota Instr[ument]or[um] receptor[um] per me Jo. Anthoniu[m] de s[an]cto martino cive[m] et not[ari]u[m] coll[eg]iatu[m] asten[sem] de annis d[omi]ni 1556 et 1557’.