Graecismus of Évrard de Béthune : four manuscript bifolia
- Latin. In Latin
- France or Flanders: [s.n.], [mid-14th century]
- Physical description
- 4 leaves, a single leaf measures 210 x 160 mm (135 x 55 mm)
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|MISC 1846||In-library use|
The Manuscripts Division of the Department of Special Collections at Stanford University Library exists to arrange, describe, preserve, and make available documents of enduring historic value, both as intellectual items \n and as historical artifacts, to support the research needs of the undergraduates, graduate students, faculty and other scholars at Stanford University and beyond.
- Evrard, de Béthune. Graecismus.
- Books X, verses 49–107, XI, verses 62–124, XII, verses 350–462, XIII, verses 1–19, XXIII, verses 53–210, XXVI, verses 162–274, and XXVII, verses 1–26 (ed. J. Wrobel, Corpus grammaticorum medii aevi I, Breslau, 1887, pp. 76–9, 93–6, 122–9, 208–13 and 240–7).
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- A complete leaf written in single columns of 36 lines, compact small gothic script, dark brown ink, the first letter of each line written calligraphically and set out into the margin, two 2-line initials in red, paragraph marks in alternating red and blue inks.
- Extensive contemporary marginal and interlinear glosses.
- Worn, soiled and trimmed from use in a binding,
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 2013. Accession 2013-064.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: