Law making and the Scottish Parliament : the early years
- edited by Elaine E. Sutherland ... [et al.].
- Edinburgh : Edinburgh University Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- lvi, 376 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edinburgh studies in law ; v. 9.
Law Library (Crown)
Locked stacks: Ask at circulation desk
|KDC762 .L39 2011||Unknown|
- Sutherland, Elaine.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Law making and the Scottish Parliament : the early years in context / the editors
- A parliament that is different? : the law-making process in the Scottish Parliament / Alan Page
- Human rights and people and society / Aidan O'Neill
- Child and family law : progress and pusillanimity / Elaine E. Sutherland
- Culture / Robert Dunbar
- Charity law : an issue of choice / Stuart Cross
- Local government / Francis McManus
- Housing / Peter Robson
- Education : could do better / Janys M. Scott
- The reform of the Scottish judiciary / Gavin F.M. Little
- Criminal law and criminal justice : an exercise in ad hocery / Pamela R. Ferguson
- Juvenile offending : welfare or toughness / Claire McDiarmid
- Evidence / Fraser P. Davidson
- Property law : how the world changed in Martinmas / Robert Rennie
- Business / David Cabrelli
- Environment and sustainable development / Colin T. Reid
- Transport / Ann Faulds and Trudi Craggs.
- Publisher's Summary
- Law Making and The Scottish Parliament: The Early Years offers the first wide-ranging critical analysis of legislative developments in those areas of law and policy devolved to the Scottish Parliament under the devolution settlement. It begins with a brief account of the devolution settlement and summarises the themes emerging from the subsequent chapters. Thereafter, sixteen themed chapters, each dedicated to a discrete area of the law and written by an acknowledged expert in the field, provide critical evaluation of the Scottish Parliament's contribution, highlighting what it has achieved, what it has failed to do and what might be done in the future. In a single volume, Law Making and The Scottish Parliament: The Early Years provides a scholarly evaluation of a number of key legislative achievements of Scotland's devolved parliament in its first decade. It will appeal to legal and other scholars and students, lawyers and anyone with an interest in Scottish politics, policy-making and law.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780748640195 20160610
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Edinburgh studies in law ; v. 9
- 9780748640195 (cloth)
- 0748640193 (cloth)
Browse related items
Start at call number: