Journey to Portugal
- poems by Michele Leggott ; images by Gretchen Albrecht.
- [Auckland, N.Z.] : Holloway Press, University of Auckland, Tamaki Campus, 2006.
- Physical description
-  p. : col. ill. ; 27 x 35 cm.
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|Z239.26 .H65 L44 2006 F||In-library use|
- Fine books > New Zealand > Auckland > Specimens.
- Artists' books > New Zealand > Specimens.
- Portugal > Poetry.
- New Zealand poetry > 21st century.
- Poetry of places.
- Artists' books.
- Illustrated works > New Zealand > Auckland > 21st century.
- Watermarks (Paper) > Italy > 21st century.
- Handmade papers (Paper) > Japan > 21st century.
- Untrimmed edges (Binding) > New Zealand > Auckland > 21st century.
- Typefaces (Type evidence) > Helvetica.
- Publication date
- Poems and illustrations.
- "Journal to Portugal was designed by Gretchen Albrecht. Her chine collé images are executed by Elizabeth Steiner, in collaboration with the artist. Other images and text are letterpress printed by Tara McLeod on an Asbern cylinder press. The paper is 290gsm mouldmade [Fabriano] Tiepolo. Poems are set in 12pt Helvetica linotype by Longley Printing Co. Ltd. Binding is by Design Bind Ltd. An edition of 100 copies"--Colophon.
- Pages [1-2], and final p., are blank.
- Title page printed in black and red ; added title page with title printed in black within red design. Printed on watermarked paper.
- The images are created through "a form of collage - Chine Collé, where thin Japanese hand-made art papers are torn into shapes, then glued and pressed in a 'nipping' press to the page. Each image was hand-done"--Prospectus.
- Binding: quarter black linen, brown and red paper boards, title printed in black on upper cover, spine title printed in metallic red type, green hand-made paper endpapers, untrimmed fore and bottom text edges.
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: No. 86/100, signed by author and artist.
- New Zealand -- Auckland.
- 0958231362 (hbk.) : 09582313154
- 9780958231367 (hbk.)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: