- Francis A. Carey, University of Virginia, Robert M. Giuliano, Villanova University.
- Ninth edition.
- New York, NY : McGraw-Hill, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 volume (various pagings) : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 28 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QD251.3 .C37 2014||Unknown|
- 1 Structure Determines Properties 2 Alkanes and Cycloakanes: Introduction to Hydrocarbons 3 Alkanes and Cycloalkanes: Introduction to StereoChemistry 4 Alcohols and Alkyl Halides: Introduction to Reaction Mechanisms 5 Structure and Preparation of Alkenes: Elimination Reactions 6 Addition Reactions of Alkenes 7 Chirality 8 Nucleophilic Substitution 9 Alkynes 10 Conjugation in Alkadienes and Allylic Systems 11 Arenes and Aromaticity 12 Electrophilic and Nucleophilic Aromatic Substitution 13 Spectroscopy 14 Organometallic Compounds 15 Alcohols, Diols, and Thiols 16 Ethers, Epoxides, and Sulfides 17 Aldehydes and Ketones: Nucleophilic Addition to the Carbonyl Group 18 Carboxylic Acids 19 Acid Derivatives 20 Enols and Enolates 21 Amines 22 Phenols 23 Carbohydrates 24 Lipids 25 Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins 26 Nucleosides, Nucleotides, and Nucleic Acids 27 Synthetic Polymers Appendix 1 Physical Properties Appendix 2 Answers to In-Text Problems GLOSSARY CREDITS INDEX.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780073402741 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- "A Market Leading, Traditional Approach to Organic Chemistry" For nine editions, "Organic Chemistry" has been designed to meet the needs of the "mainstream, " two-semester, undergraduate organic chemistry course. This best-selling text gives students a solid understanding of organic chemistry by stressing how fundamental reaction mechanisms function and reactions occur.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780073402741 20160612
- Chemistry, Organic.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Includes index.
- 9780073402741 (hard copy : alk. paper)
- 0073402745 (hard copy : alk. paper)
- 9780071316910 (intl. ed.)
- 0071316914 (intl. ed.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: