- Harish K. Chopra, Anupama Parmar, Parmjit S. Panesar.
- Oxford, U.K. : Alpha Science International Ltd., c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (various pagings) : ill. ; 25 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QP550 .C46 2013||Unknown|
- Preface / Basic Concepts / Biosynthetic Reactions / Enzymes / Mechanism of Enzyme Action / Enzyme Catalyzed Reactions / Co-Enzyme Chemistry / Enzyme Models / Biotechnological Applications of Enzymes / Subject Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781842657737 20160615
- Publisher's Summary
- BIO-ORGANIC CHEMISTRY describes the structure, interactions, and reactions of organic compounds of biological significance at the molecular level. The book represents the interface of biochemistry with organic chemistry. The major focus is on fundamentals of bioorganic chemistry where each chapter gives an in-depth knowledge about the topic, besides covering the chemical/biochemical reactions with special emphasis on mechanistic aspects. General biosynthetic reactions have been outlined and compared with corresponding organic reactions. The detailed information on the chemistry of Enzymes is given in one chapter while the other chapter describes the details of mechanism of enzyme action. The reactions catalysed by enzymes and coenzymes respectively have been described in detail emphasizing on mechanism of these reactions. The chapter on Enzyme Models has been entirely focused on different aspects and types of enzyme models and their applications in chemical, pharmaceutical, food, biochemical and environmental industries. The biotechnological applications of enzymes have been described in the last chapter focusing on immobilized enzyme technology for various industrial uses.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781842657737 20160615
- Bioorganic chemistry.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Bioorganic chemistry
- Includes index.
Browse related items
Start at call number: