Topics in critical point theory
QA329.9 .P47 2013
- Unknown QA329.9 .P47 2013
- Schechter, Martin.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 147-155) and index.
- Preface-- 1. Morse theory-- 2. Linking-- 3. Applications to semilinear problems-- 4. Fucik spectrum-- 5. Jumping nonlinearities-- 6. Sandwich pairs-- Appendix: Sobolev spaces-- Bibliography-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book introduces the reader to powerful methods of critical point theory and details successful contemporary approaches to many problems, some of which had proved resistant to attack by older methods. Topics covered include Morse theory, critical groups, the minimax principle, various notions of linking, jumping nonlinearities and the Fucik spectrum in an abstract setting, sandwich pairs and the cohomological index. Applications to semilinear elliptic boundary value problems, p-Laplacian problems and anisotropic systems are given. Written for graduate students and research scientists, the book includes numerous examples and presents more recent developments in the subject to bring the reader up to date with the latest research.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information:
Table of contents only:
- Fixed point theory.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Kanishka Perera, Florida Institute of Technology; Martin Schechter, University of California, Irvine.
- Cambridge tracts in mathematics ; 198
- 9781107029668 (hardback)
- 110702966X (hardback)