Edward Elgar : a thematic catalogue and research guide
- Christopher Kent.
- Second edition.
- New York ; London : Routledge, 2013.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvi, 491 pages : port., music ; 29 cm.
- Routledge music bibliographies.
|ML134 .E613 K46 2013||In-library use|
- Kent, Christopher, 1949- compiler.
- Part 1: Elgar's Compositions 1866-1933 Part 2: Elgar Bibliography A. Letters and Source Materials B. Writings by Elgar C. Monographs D. General Literature E. Collections of Articles F. Stage Works G. Choral and Vocal Works H. Orchestral Works I. Chamber, Instrumental and Keyboard Music J. Discographies K. The Elgar Society Newsletter L. The Elgar Complete Edition Part 3: Elgar Archives Section One: Documents at the Elgar Birthplace: A. Books B. Letters C. Concert Programmes D. Opera Libretti E. Miscellaneous Articles F. Cuttings Files G. Scrap Books H. Miscellaneous Section Two: Documents at the Elgar Birthplace Museum: A. Letters B. Diaries, Notes, Maps and Miscellaneous Papers C. Further Letters D. Envelopes E. The Grafton Papers F. Microfilms of Documents at the Elgar Birthplace Section Three: Some Further Collections Part 4: Indexes Index of Elgar's Compositions Index of Writers Index of Proper Names.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415875578 20160615
- Publisher's Summary
- This updated second edition is an in-depth exploration of Elgar's compositions and of writings by and about the composer and his music. The past 16 years have seen a steady increase in scholarly publications and the emergence of The Elgar Society Journal, as well as further discoveries of the composer's MSS and letters, and the new edition incorporates this latest research. The compositions are examined in a work-by-work catalog, in chronological order, in which each entry gives a complete census and collation of manuscript, proof, text, biographical, printed edition and bibliographical sources for each item. The listing also includes unfinished sketches and details of much unpublished material. The bibliography section covers selected established literature as well as details of reviews and articles contained in the European periodicals at the climax of Elgar's career.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415875578 20160615
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Routledge music bibliographies
- Includes indexes.
- 9780415875578 (hardback : alkaline paper)
- 0415875579 (hardback : alkaline paper)
- 9780203860052 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: