- [Munich: Heinrich Scherer, 1700?].
- Physical description
- 1 map : hand col. ; 22 x 33.5 cm.
David Rumsey Map Center
All items must be viewed on site
Request items by Noon (12p) the day before your visit to allow for retrieval by staff. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|G3200 1700 .S33||In-library use|
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Scherer, Heinrich
- Publication date
- Map Data
- Scale not given (W 180°--E 180°/N 90°--S 90°).
- Relief shown pictorially.
- California shown as a long labeled island with an indented northern coast.
- Map centers over the pacific.
- Jesuit missions around the world are marked.
- Mary is shown at top of map surrounded by cherubs. People representing the continents are in each corner.
- Issued in his Atlas Marianus.
- Shirley, R.W. Mapping the world (4th ed.) 630
- McLaughlin map number 1209.
Browse related items
Start at call number: