The SAGE handbook of international higher education
- edited by Darla K. Deardorff ... [et al.].
- Thousand Oaks, CA : SAGE Publications, c2012.
- Physical description
- xiii, 536 p. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC1090 .S26 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreward Preface A. Contextual, Conceptual, and Historical Frameworks 1. Internationalization Within the Higher Education Context - Laura Rumbley, Philip Altbach and Liz Reisberg 2. Concepts, Rationales, and Interpretive Frameworks In the Internationalization of Higher Education - Jane Knight 3. The History of Internationalization of Higher Education - Hans de Wit & Gil Merkx 4. Comprehensive and Strategic Internationalization of U.S. Higher Education - John Hudzik and Michael Stohl 5. Europe's Bologna Process and Its Impact On Global Higher Education - Jeroen Huisman, Clifford Adelman, Chuo-Chun Hsieh, Farshid Shams & Stephen Wilkins 6. An Overview and Analysis of International Education Research, Training, and Resources - Hans de Wit and David Urias B. Strategic Dimensions in International Higher Education 7. Leadership in International Higher Education - John D. Heyl and Joseph Tullbane 8. Institutional Strategies and International Programs: Learning From Experiences of Change - Riall Nolan and Fiona Hunter 9. Collaborating on The Future: Strategic Partnerships and Linkages - Susan Buck Sutton, Everett Egginton and Raul Favella 10. Outcomes Assessment in The Internationalization of Higher Education - Darla Deardorff and Adinda van Gaalen 11. Employer Perspective on International Education - Martin Tillman 12. International Student Security - Simon Marginson 13. Legal, Health, and Safety Issues: Crisis Management in International Higher Education - Gary Rhodes & Roger Ludeman C. Internationalization At Home 14. The Internationalization of The Curriculum - Betsy Brewer & Betty Leask 15. Leveraging Technology and The International Classroom for Cross-Cultural Learning - Jane Edwards & Hanneke Teekens 16. Intercultural Competence: An Emerging Focus in International Higher Education - Darla Deardorff & Elspeth Jones 17. Globalism and Interculturalism: Where Global and Local Meet - Christa Olson & Jim Peacock D. Internationalization Abroad 18. Cross-Border Delivery of Higher Education: Projects, Programs, and Providers - Peter Burgess & Brett Berquist 19. International Joint, Double, and Consecutive Degrees: New Developments, Issues, and Challenges - Jane Knight & Jack Lee 20. Transnational Research and Development Partnerships in Higher Education: Global Perspectives - Peter Koehn & Milton Obamba 21. International Student and Scholar Mobility - Melissa Banks & Rajika Bhandari 22. International Student Recruitment in Australia and the U.S.: Approaches and Attitudes - Tony Adams, Mitch Leventhal & Stephen Connelly 23. Designer Immigrants? International Students and 'Two-Step' Migration - Lesleyanne Hawthorne E. The Future of International Higher Education 24. The Internationalization of Higher Education: Future Prospects - Madeleine F. Green, Francisco Marmolejo & Eva Egron-Polak 25. Bridges to the Future: The Global Landscape of International Higher Education - Darla K. Deardorff, Hans de Wit & John D. Heyl References About the Editors About the Contributing Authors.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412999212 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- International Education as we have known it has evolved from a fragmented approach on study abroad and international students into a strategic and comprehensive internationalization concept that affects all aspects of higher education. The SAGE Handbook of International Higher Education serves as a guide to internationalization of higher education and offers new strategies for its further development and expansion in the years to come. With a decidedly global approach, this groundbreaking volume brings together leading experts from around the world to illustrate the increasing importance of internationalization. It also encompasses the diversity and breadth of internationalization of higher education in all its thematic facets and regional impacts. The Handbook comprises five sections, covering key areas: internationalization of higher education in a conceptual and historic context; different thematic approaches to internationalization; internationalization of the curriculum, teaching, and learning process; intercultural competencies; the abroad dimension of internationalization and the mobility of students, scholars, institutions, and projects; and a concluding section on regional trends in international education and direction for the future of internationalization in the 21st century.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412999212 20160610
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- International higher education
- "A publication of the Association of International Education Administrators published in cooperation with the Journal of Studies in International Education."
- 9781412999212 (cloth)
- 1412999219 (cloth)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: