Handbook of implementation science for psychology in education
- edited by Barbara Kelly, University of Strathclyde, Daniel F. Perkins, The Pennsylvania State University.
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2012, ©2012.
- Physical description
- xv, 490 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB1051 .H2355 2012
- Unknown LB1051 .H2355 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Lise Fox; 15. Implementation of a family-centered, school-based intervention to prevent student academic and behavioural problems / Elizabeth A. Stormshak, Kathryn Margolis, Cindy Huang and Thomas Dishion; 16. Evidence-based reading interventions: implementation issues for the twenty-first century / Robert Savage; 17. Summary of research and implications for practice on reading interventions for young English language learners with reading difficulties / Colleen Reutebuch and Sharon Vaughn; 18. Implementing evidence-based leisure education programmes during school / Linda Caldwell; Part V. Improving the Implementation of Evidence-Based Programmes and Interventions via Staff Skills, Organisational Approaches and Policy Development: 19. Key classroom features of promoting collaborative dialogue in the classroom / Robyn M. Gilles; 20. Practical applications of a 'fidelity of implementation' framework / Mollie Rudnick, Cassie Freeman and Jeanne Century; 21. Increasing student voice in school reforms: building partnerships, improving outcomes / Dana Mitra; 22. Coaching for instructional improvement and strategies that matter / Barbara Neufield and Morgaen Donaldson; 23. The use of evidence-based programs and quality childcare / Ann Michelle Daniels; 24. Action research: reshaping practice through assessment and critical reflection / Violet Harader and Joyce Yukawa; 25. Measuring child well being in schools: how robust outcome data may inform the selection, design and implementation of evidence-based programmes / Tim Hobbs and Tamsin Ford; 26. The common language service development model: from strategy development to implementation of evidence-based practice / Nick Axford and Louise Morpeth; Part VI. Signposts towards Effectiveness: 27. Key themes in implementation science for psychology in education / Barbara Kelly.
- Machine generated contents note: Foreword / Robert Slavin; Part I. What is Implementation Science?: 1. Implementation science for psychology in education / Barbara Kelly; 2. Implementation science: key concepts, themes and evidence for practitioners in educational psychology / Karen Blase, Melissa Van Dyke, Dean L. Fixsen and Frances Wallace Bailey; Part II. Statistical Problems, Approaches and Solutions in Real World Contexts: 3. Developing rigorous programme evaluation / Tracey Bywater; 4. Understanding the nature of experiments in real world educational contexts / James Boyle; 5. Meta analysis of implementation practice research / Carl Dunst and Carol M. Trivette; 6. Using evidence to inform practice in science teaching: the promise, the practice and the potential / Judith Bennett; Part III. Preparing for Effective Implementation: Frameworks and Approaches: 7. Implementation science and enhancing delivery and practice in school psychology services: some lessons from the Scottish context / Barbara Kelly; 8. The role of executive frameworks in preparing for change in educational contexts / Jey Monsen and Lisa Marks Woolfsen; 9. Researching readiness for evidence-based practice: the evidence-based practice attitude scale (EBPAS) / Gregory A. Aarons, Amy E. Green and Elizabeth Miller; 10. Change focused organizational consultation in school settings / Robert Illback; 11. Implementation of interventions to promote school readiness / Janet Welsh; Part IV. Successful Implementation of Specific Programmes and Interventions: Social, Emotional and Behavioural Change, Literacy Development and Leisure Education: 12. Maximizing effectiveness of social-emotional interventions for young children through high quality implementation / Celene E. Domitrovich and Mark T. Greenberg; 13. A framework for improving the impact of school-based social competence programmes / Keith Topping; 14. Positive behaviour support and young people with autism / Glen Dunlap, Philip Strain and
- "Implementation science is the science of the effectiveness of research for real-world practitioners. This book is an indispensable, highly innovative and evidence-based resource aimed at utilizing research in psychology to improve all aspects of education, from individual teaching programs to organizational development. It addresses the widespread confusion and disappointment about the lack of effectiveness of real-world psychology and provides twenty-seven chapters offering proven policies, strategies and approaches for designing, supporting and improving interventions in schools. Collectively, the chapters go beyond the realm of psychology and education, tackling concerns about how to promote positive change in any context, covering topics from epistemology through statistics to examples of implementation approaches, frameworks and protocols. This book creates an immensely relevant body of information and evidence for any practitioner or organization facing the challenges of change. Essential reading for practitioners, policy makers, stakeholders and funders in psychology, education and beyond"-- Provided by publisher.
- "This book aims to help policy makers, stakeholders, practitioners and teachers in psychology and education to provide more effective interventions in educational contexts. It responds to disappointment and global concern about the failure to implement psychological and other interventions successfully in real world contexts. Often interventions, carefully designed and trialed under controlled conditions, prove unpredictable or ineffective in uncontrolled, real life situations. This book looks at why this is the case and pulls together evidence from a range of sources to create original frameworks and guidelines for effective implementation of interventions"-- Provided by publisher.
- Supplemental links
- Cover image
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780521197250 (hardback)
- 0521197252 (hardback)
- 9780521127028 (paperback)
- 0521127025 (paperback)