Floods in a changing climate. Hydrologic modeling
- P.P. Mujumdar, D. Nagesh Kumar, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2012, ©2012.
- Physical description
- xiii, 177 pages : illustrations (some color), maps (some color) ; 29 cm.
- International hydrology series.
Earth Sciences Library (Branner)
|GB656.2 .H9 M85 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 167-175) and index.
- Part I. Introduction: 1. Introduction-- Part II. Modeling for Climate Change Impact Assessment: 2. Hydrologic modeling for floods-- 3. Climate change impact assessment-- Part III. Remote Sensing, GIS and DEM for Modeling of Floods: 4. Remote sensing (RS) for hydrologic modeling-- 5. Geographic information system (GIS) for hydrologic modeling-- Part IV. Case Studies and Future Perspectives: 6. Case studies and future perspectives-- References-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781107018761 20160615
- Publisher's Summary
- Various modeling methodologies are available to aid planning and operational decision making: this book synthesises these, with an emphasis on methodologies applicable in data scarce regions, such as developing countries. Problems included in each chapter, and supported by links to available online data sets and modeling tools, engage the reader with practical applications of the models. Academic researchers in the fields of hydrology, climate change, and environmental science and hazards, and professionals and policy-makers working in hazard mitigation, remote sensing and hydrological engineering will find this an invaluable resource. This volume is the second in a collection of four books on flood disaster management theory and practice within the context of anthropogenic climate change. The others are: Floods in a Changing Climate: Extreme Precipitation by Ramesh Teegavarapu, Floods in a Changing Climate: Inundation Modelling by Giuliano Di Baldassarre and Floods in a Changing Climate: Risk Management by Slodoban Simonovic.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781107018761 20160615
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- International hydrology series
Browse related items
Start at call number: