Human rights and prisons [electronic resource] : a compilation of international human rights instruments concerning the administration of justice
- Office of the United Nations, High Commissioner for Human Rights.
- New York ; Geneva : United Nations, 2005.
- Physical description
- ix, 362 p. ; 21 cm.
- Professional training series ; no. 11, add. 1.
Also available at
- Publisher's Summary
- This publication, "Human Rights and Prisons: A Compilation of International Human Rights Instruments Concerning the Administration of Justice", is part of a series of training handbooks for human rights education, which are designed to be adaptable to the needs and experience of a range of potential audiences. This is one of four publications, which focuses on human rights training for prison officials. The contents include: excerpts and full texts of selected international human rights instruments, including the Universal Declaration of Human Rights; UN treaties on prohibition of torture, racial discrimination and discrimination against women, as well as protection of rights of children and migrant workers; the Geneva Conventions; standards regarding the administration of justice; and selected regional instruments.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789211541571 20160528
- Human rights > Study and teaching > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Prisons > Officials and employees > Training of.
- Prisoners > Legal status, laws, etc. > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Prisoners > Civil rights > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Grundrechte > Gefangene > Internationales Recht.
- Gefangene > Grundrechte > Internationales Recht.
- Menschenrecht > Gefängnis > Internationales Recht > Quelle.
- ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE.
- HUMAN RIGHTS.
- PRISONER TREATMENT.
- INTERNATIONAL INSTRUMENTS.
- DECLARATIONS (TEXT)
- LAW OF WAR.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Compilation of international human rights instruments concerning the administration of justice
- Professional training series ; no. 11, add. 1
- "HR/P/PT/11/Add. 1"--T.p. verso.
- "United Nations publication. Sales no. E.04-XIV.4."--T.p. verso.
- Downloaded from http://www.ohchr.org/Documents/Publications/training11Add1en.pdf on Jan 24, 2013.