The literacy coach's handbook : a guide to research-based practice
- Sharon Walpole, Michael C. McKenna.
- Second edition.
- New York : The Guilford Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvii, 252 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1573 .W364 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 231-246) and index.
- What Is a Literacy Coach? Research on Literacy Coaching. What Is a Schoolwide Literacy Program? Finding and Applying Reading Research. Reading Assessment. Instructional Schedules. Instructional Tasks and Procedures. Selecting Materials and Programs. Schoolwide Response to Intervention. Providing Professional Support. Leadership.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781462507719 20160615
- Publisher's Summary
- This bestselling book gives preservice and practicing literacy coaches the tools they need to build a successful schoolwide reading program. The authors, well-known experts in the field, describe the literacy coach's crucial, evolving role in today's schools. They offer step-by-step guidelines for implementing curricula and assessments, selecting instructional materials, and planning for differentiation and intervention. Specific ways to support teachers by providing high-quality professional development are discussed. The book is grounded in state-of-the-art research on PreK-5 instruction and the characteristics of effective coaches. New to This Edition * Incorporates the latest research and instructional materials. * Expanded grade range now includes PreK and grades 4-5. * Content on RTI and the Common Core standards is woven throughout. * Strategies for making professional development more responsive to teachers' needs.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781462507719 20160615
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781462507702 (paperback)
- 1462507700 (paperback)
- 9781462507719 (hardcover)
- 1462507719 (hardcover)
Browse related items
Start at call number: