Teaching and learning in further education : diversity and change
- Prue Huddleston and Lorna Unwin.
- 4th ed.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical description
- xiii, 238 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC5256 .G7 H76 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -230) and index.
- Part 1. Further education in context 1. Where will I teach? 2. The student body: Who will I teach? 3. Diverse curricula and qualifications: What will I teach? Part 2 Teaching and learning 4. The process of learning 5. Teaching strategies 6. Assessment and recording achievement Part 3. Professional development 7. Evaluation, reflection and research 8. Professional development.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415623179 20160615
- Publisher's Summary
- Teaching and Learning in Further Education is established as an authoritative, wide-ranging introductory text for those training to work in the further education, post-compulsory education and lifelong learning sectors. It offers an easy to read picture of the practitioner's everyday working life, a thorough historical account of the FE context and excellent advice on how to improve practice and enhance professional development. Essential topics covered include: Key theorists Teaching strategies Assessment issues The diverse curriculum The nature of the student body Blended learning and virtual learning E-assessment and personal records of achievement The fourth edition will be significantly updated in light of the latest research into teaching and learning, as well as extensive changes in the field including: Revision to the professional standards for teachers, tutors and trainers in the lifelong learning sector; increased provision of HE in FE; the introduction of functional skills and the 14-19 Diploma and the shifting nature of vocational qualifications. Illustrated throughout by case studies and vignettes, and supported by reflective actitities and references to well respected research and literature, Teaching and Learning in Further Education is an essential text to be used throughout an FE tutor's journey from trainee to qualified lecturer.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415623179 20160615
- Publication date
- Previous ed.: 2007.
- 9780415623162 (hardback)
- 0415623162 (hardback)
- 9780415623179 (paperback)
- 0415623170 (paperback)
- 9780203105399 (ebook)
- 0203105397 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: