Rhodesia's unilateral declaration of independence : an international history
- Carl Peter Watts.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- Physical description
- 315 p. ; 25 cm
- Watts, Carl Peter, 1971-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -302).
- Introduction: the Rhodesian crisis in international history and international relations
- "Cudgelling themselves numb." Anglo-Rhodesian negotiations and the search for a settlement
- "A classic strategic blunder". The failure of British deterrent and coercive strategies
- "Moments of tension and drama." Britain, Rhodesia and the commonwealth prime ministers meetings
- "A concert of convenience." Britain, Rhodesia and the old Commonwealth
- "An essential part of our co-operation in world affairs." Anglo-American relations and Rhodesia
- Preventing a "Red Army in blue berets?" The Rhodesian problem at the United Nations
- Conclusion: reflections on the Rhodesian crisis
- Appendix: the Rhodesian franchise.
- Zimbabwe > History > 1965-1980.
- Zimbabwe > Politics and government > 1965-1979.
- Zimbabwe > Foreign relations > Great Britain.
- Great Britain > Foreign relations > Zimbabwe.
- Great Britain > Politics and government > 1964-1979.
- Great Britain > Foreign relations > Commonwealth countries.
- Commonwealth countries > Foreign relations > Great Britain.
- Great Britain > Foreign economic relations > United States.
- United States > Foreign relations > Great Britain.
- Publication date
- 9781403979070 (alk. paper)
- 1403979073 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: