Laboratory waste management : a guidebook
- American Chemical Society Task Force on Laboratory Chemical and Waste Management.
- Second edition.
- Washington DC : American Chemical Society, 2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 283 pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
|TD899 .L32 L33 2012||In-library use|
- Corporate Author
- ACS Task Force on Laboratory Waste Management.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contents -- Current Task Force Membership -- Acknowledgments -- Disclaimer -- 1. Introduction -- 2. Management Obligations -- 3. Laws and Regulations -- 4. Using Information Resources -- 5. Training Requirements -- 6. Identification and Characterization of Hazardous Wastes -- 7. Pollution Prevention, Waste Minimization, and Green Chemistry -- 8. Other Laboratory Waste -- 9. Managing Multihazardous (<"Mixed>") Wastes -- 10. Hazardous Waste Accumulation -- 11. Managing Hazardous Waste and Disposal -- 12. Inspections -- 13. Liability and Enforcement -- 14. Self-Disclosure -- 15. Management Systems Approach to Laboratory Waste -- Appendix A: Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Waste Lists -- Appendix B: Resources and Reference Materials -- Appendix C: Common Abbreviations -- Subject Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Since the first edition of this book was published in 1994, state and federal agencies have increased enforcement of their hazardous waste disposal laws in laboratories. The enforcement actions resulting from these inspections have changed the perspective of many hazardous waste managers about what constitutes a "compliant program". These changes have prompted the preparation of this 2nd Edition. This revision is intended to provide all levels of laboratory staff a guide for managing laboratory chemical wastes in compliance with federal and state environmental regulations. New chapters have been added, all have been updated, and additional resources have been included to address changes in regulations and regulatory interpretations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780841227866 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0841227861 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780841227347 (alk. paper)
- 0841227349 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: