Super high strength, high performance concrete [electronic resource]
- Pu Xincheng ; translated by Ding Jixin, Neil Milestone.
- Boca Raton : Taylor & Francis, 2013.
- Physical description
- xvii, 258 p. : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Modern Civil Engineering and Modern Concrete Approaches and Principles Important Effects of Active Mineral Admixtures Analysis of the Pozzolanic Effect and Strength Composition Raw Materials The Problems with Preparation Techniques Structure Strength and Deformation Properties Durability Test Methods Applications, Trials, and Prospects.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415517157 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- When produced correctly, concrete can be extremely strong, with high load-bearing capacity and superior durability. Another noteworthy property is the relatively low amount of energy and resources consumed during production. Super-High-Strength High Performance Concrete brings together the results of a major research project by the National Natural Science Foundation of China and the Doctoral Foundation of the Ministry of Education of China. This ten-year project explored the properties, performance, and potential of super-high-strength high performance (SHSHP) concrete. With a view towards improved production that optimizes the strength and durability of concrete, the book presents a host of topics on the cutting edge of concrete research. These include: * A new method for the specific strength analysis of the pozzolanic effect of active mineral admixtures * Analysis of the strength composition of SHSHP concrete * Optimization of raw materials and mix proportion parameters for strength and flowability * Analysis of the mechanical properties, deformation, and durability of SHSHP concrete * Methods for decreasing autogeneous shrinkage * Testing methods for SHSHP concrete The book concludes with a consideration of the practical and economic benefits of these optimized concretes. A systematic study of the different aspects of this essential commodity as well as the future direction of concrete science and technology, this book is a valuable resource for material scientists and engineers engaged in developing better structures.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415517157 20160609
- Publication date
- "A CRC title."
- Also available in print edition.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9781466579781 (e-book : PDF)