Chinese children's favorite stories
- text and illustrations by Mingmei Yip.
- Tokyo ; Rutland, VT : Tuttle Pub., c2004.
- Physical description
- 96 p. : col. ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PS3625 .I6 C48 2004||Unknown|
- Yip, Mingmei.
- The fish-basket goddess
- The mouse bride
- Dream of the butterfly
- The cowherd and the spinning girl
- The ghost catcher
- The frog who lived in a well
- Chang-E flies to the moon
- The wolf and the scholar
- Playing the qin for the water buffalo
- Carp jumping over the dragon gate
- How the fox tricked the tiger
- The Monkey King turns the heavenly palace upside down
- The monkey Wu Kong learns his lesson.
- A collection of children's legends and tales from China. This volume of beloved Chinese stories contains a delightful selection from the rich store of Chinese folklore and legend. Discover the many delightful animal characters as well as Chang-E, the famous Eight Immortals, and Guan Yin, goddess of compassion. Retold for an international audience, the beautifully illustrated stories will give children aged six to ten in other countries a glimpse into both the tradition and culture of China. - Publisher.
- Publication date
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: