Legacies of the Vietnam War
- developed by Se-Woong Koo and Rennie Moon.
- Stanford, CA : Stanford Program on International and Cross-Cultural Education (SPICE), c2011.
- Physical description
- xi, 132 p. ; 28 cm. + 2 DVDs + 1 image CD-ROM.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|DS557.74 .K66 2011 F||Unknown|
Library has: 1 v. + 2 DVDs + 1 CD-
- Koo, Se-Woong.
- Moon, Rennie.
- Stanford Program on International and Cross-Cultural Education.
- Unit introduction : Legacies of the Vietnam War
- Lesson one : Politics, economics, and global consequences of the Vietnam War
- Lesson two : Environmental legacies of the Vietnam War
- Lesson three : Forgotten legacies of the Vietnam War
- Lesson four : Vietnamese diaspora communities since the war
- Lesson five : Historical memorIes of the Vietnam War.
- DVDs: Vietnam revisted (30 minute special broadcast by CBS5, San Francisco)
- Vestiges of war : Vietnamese in America (21 min.).
- "The 20-year war in Vietnam was a prolonged and devastating conflict. In its aftermath, South Vietnamese civilians fled from the Communist takeover on perilous boat journeys that led to the formation of diasporic communities. Others faced lengthy detention in post-war re-education camps. This unit aims to help students learn and appreciate these and other important legacies that have shaped Vietnam and the world at large"--Publisher. Comprises five lessons, each, if taught in full, consisting of two fifty-minute class sessions.
- Publication date
- Accompanying CD-ROM contains PDFs and PowerPoint slides of all projections in this unit, as well as other materials.
- Grades 9 through 12.
- Included Work
- Vietnam revisited.
- Vestiges of war : Vietnamese in America.
Browse related items
Start at call number: