Chemical reactor analysis and applications for the practicing engineer [electronic resource]
- Louis Theodore.
- Hoboken, New Jersey : John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Wiley series of essential engineering calculations.
- Theodore, Louis.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface xi Overview xiii Part I. Introduction 1. History of Chemical Reactions 3 2. The Field of Chemistry 11 3. Process Variables 19 4. Kinetic Principles 45 5. Stoichiometry and Conversion Variables 73 Part II. Traditional Reactor Analysis 6. Reaction and Reactor Classification 111 7. The Conservation Laws 127 8. Batch Reactors 147 9. Continuous Stirred Tank Reactors (CSTRs)181 10. Tubular Flow Reactors 209 11. Reactor Comparisons 243 Part III. Reactor Applications 12. Thermal Effects 273 13. Interpretation of Kinetic Data 14. Non-Ideal Reactors 357 15. Reactor Design Considerations 383 Part IV. Other Reactor Topics 16. Catalysts 413 17. Catalytic Reactions 429 18. Fluidized and Fixed Bed Reactors 445 19. Biochemical Reactors 475 20. Open-Ended Problems 505 21. Abet-Related Topic 519 Appendix. SI Units.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470915356 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- This books format follows an applications-oriented text and serves as a training tool for individuals in education and industry involved directly, or indirectly, with chemical reactors. It addresses both technical and calculational problems in this field. While this text can be complimented with texts on chemical kinetics and/or reactor design, it also stands alone as a self-teaching aid. The first part serves as an introduction to the subject title and contains chapters dealing with history, process variables, basic operations, kinetic principles, and conversion variables. The second part of the book addresses traditional reactor analysis; chapter topics include batch, CSTRs, tubular flow reactors, plus a comparison of these classes of reactors. Part 3 keys on reactor applications that include non-ideal reactors: thermal effects, interpretation of kinetic data, and reactor design. The book concludes with other reactor topics; chapter titles include catalysis, catalytic reactors, other reactions and reactors, and ABET-related topics. An extensive Appendix is also included.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470915356 20160609
- Publication date
- Wiley series of essential engineering calculations
- Available in another form
- Print version: Chemical reactor analysis and applications for the practicing engineer ( 9780470915356 ) Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, 2012
- 9781118158623 ( epub)
- 1118158628 ( epub)
- 9781118158609 (pdf)
- 1118158601 (pdf)
- 9781118158616 (mobi)
- 111815861X (mobi)
- 9780470915356 (hardback)
- 9781118158630 (electronic bk.)
- 1118158636 (electronic bk.)
- 0470915358 (hardback)