A research reader in universal design for learning
- edited by Gabrielle Rappolt-Schlichtmann, Samantha G. Daley, L. Todd Rose.
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard Education Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- 256 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC1201 .R4 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword / Chris Dede
- Introduction / Gabrielle Rappolt-Schlictmann, Samantha G. Daley, and L. Todd Rose
- Learning is social and contextual
- The child and the curriculum / John Dewey
- Constructivism with constraints
- The unschooled mind: why even the best students in the best schools may not understand / Howard Gardner
- Emotion and cognition are co-regulated
- On the interdependence of cognition and emotion / Justin Storbeck and Gerald L. Clore
- The dynamics of scaffolding
- The dynamics of competence: how context contributes directly to skill / Kurt W. Gischer, Daniel H. Bullock, Elaine J. Rotenberg, and Pamela Raya
- Learning from outliers
- On the roles of external knowledge representations in assessment design / Robert J. Mislevey, John T. Behrens, Randy E. Bennett, Sarah F. Demark, Dennis C. Frezzo, Roy Levy, Daniel H. Robinson, Daisy Wise Rutstein, Valerie J. Shute, Ken Stanley, and Fielding I. Winters
- Modeling variability
- Focus on variability: new tools to study intra-individual variability in developmental data / Paul van Geert and Marijn van Dijk
- Afterword / David H. Rose.
- Publisher's Summary
- This fascinating and inventive book surveys the UDL research field in comprehensive detail while pointing - in imaginative and necessary ways- to crucial research undertakings yet to come. In recent years there has been heightened interest in universal design for learning (UDL), particularly within the worlds of education policy and practice.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781612505022 (hbk.)
- 1612505023 (hbk.)
- 1612505015 (pbk.)
- 9781612505015 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: