- 2nd ed.
- Exeter [UK] : Pelagic Pub., 2012.
- Physical description
- 142 p., 12 p. of plates : ill. (some col.), maps ; 21 cm.
- Naturalists' handbooks ; 10.
QL596 .C65 L33 2012
- Unknown QL596 .C65 L33 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 132-137) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- This revised and updated edition of Ladybirds provides a succinct but comprehensive and accessible overview of the biology of ladybirds and their parasites, focusing on ecology in an evolutionary context. It provides the latest information, coverage of recent additions to the British list including the harlequin ladybird, and makes suggestions for further research, both short and long term, highlighting gaps in knowledge and showing readers how to get involved with recording and studying ladybirds. It includes updated keys for the identification of ladybirds at late-instar larval and adult stages, and techniques for studying ladybirds and their parasites in both laboratory and field. The authors hope that this book will be a valuable resource, not only for students, from school to university and beyond, but also for anyone with an interest in natural history, whether professional or recreational.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Helen E. Roy ... [et al.] ; with illustrations by Sophie Allington and Chris Shields.
- Title Variation
- Naturalists' handbooks ; 10
- "Revised from Majerus and Kearns 1989."--T.p.
- 9781907807077 (Paper)
- 1907807071 (Paper)