Character compass : how powerful school culture can point students towards success
- Scott Seider.
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard Education Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- x, 286 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC311 .S45 2012||Unknown|
- Seider, Scott.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Dimensions of character. Character and community meeting
- Moral character at Boston prep. Do the right thing
- Walk in another's shoes
- Performance character at Roxbury prep. Prepare to perform
- Effort determines success
- Civic character at Pacific Rim. Make a contribution
- Be the change
- Conclusion. Building powerful school culture through character development.
- Publisher's Summary
- 'Character Compass' offers portraits of three high-performing urban schools in Boston that have made character development central to their mission of supporting student success, yet define character in three very different ways. Drawing on surveys, interviews, field notes, and student achievement data, the book highlights the effects of distinct approaches to character development.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781612504872 20160615
- Publication date
- 9781612504872 (library ed.)
- 1612504876 (library ed.)
- 9781612504865 (pbk.)
- 1612504868 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: