Extremes in a changing climate : detection, analysis and uncertainty
- Amir AghaKouchak ... [et al.], editors.
- Dordrecht ; New York : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- xiv, 423 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Water science and technology library ; v. 65.
Earth Sciences Library (Branner)
|QC903 .E98 2013||Unknown|
- AghaKouchak, Amir.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Statistical Indices for Diagnosing and Detecting Changes in Extremes 2. Statistical Methods for Nonstationary Extremes 3. Bayesian Methods for Nonstationary Extreme Value Analysis 4. Return Periods and Return Levels Under Climate Change 5. Multivariate Extreme Value Methods 6. Methods of Tail Dependence Estimation 7. Stochastic Models of Climate Extremes:Theory and Observations 8. Methods of Projecting Future Changes in Extremes 9. Climate Variability and Weather Extremes: Model-Simulated and Historical Data 10. Uncertainties in Observed Changes in Climate Extremes 11. Uncertainties in Projections of Future Changes in Extremes 12. Global Data Sets for Analysis of Climate Extremes 13. Nonstationarity in Extremes and Engineering Design Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book provides a collection of the state-of-the-art methodologies and approaches suggested for detecting extremes, trend analysis, accounting for nonstationarities, and uncertainties associated with extreme value analysis in a changing climate. This volume is designed so that it can be used as the primary reference on the available methodologies for analysis of climate extremes. Furthermore, the book addresses current hydrometeorologic global data sets and their applications for global scale analysis of extremes. While the main objective is to deliver recent theoretical concepts, several case studies on extreme climate conditions are provided. Audience The book is suitable for teaching in graduate courses in the disciplines of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Earth System Science, Meteorology and Atmospheric Sciences.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Water science and technology library ; v. 65
- 9789400744783 (hbk.)
- 9400744781 (hbk.)
- 9789400744790 (ebk.)
- 940074479X (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: