Introduction to the music industry : an entrepreneurial approach
- Catherine Fitterman Radbill.
- New York ; London : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical description
- xviii, 267 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
|ML3790 .F596 2013||Unknown|
- Fitterman Radbill, Catherine, author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- PART I: Thinking Like An Entrepreneur 1. Fundamentals of Entrepreneurial Thinking 2. Creative Problem Solving 3. Brand You PART II: Contacts and Contracts 4. U.S. Copyright 5. International Copyright and Trade Agreements 6. The Role of the Music Publisher 7. Songwriters and Music Publishers 8. Performing Rights Societies PART III: Performing and Recording 9. Concerts and Touring 10. Recorded Music 11. Digital Music Services PART IV: You as Entrepreneur Introduction: How to Use Case Studies to Create an Interactive Classroom 12. Case Study: Falcon Music & Art: A Jazz Haven on the Hudson 13. Case Study: TicketLeap: Social Media Integration in the Cloud.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415896382 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- Introduction to the Music Industry: An Entrepreneurial Approach is an introductory textbook that offers a fresh look at one of the fastest-changing businesses in the world today. Emphasizing the importance of entrepreneurial thinking for the music industry, this textbook engages college-level students in learning the fundamentals of the music business while discovering ways to shape the industry's future. Every chapter explores the inner workings of the music industry, using creative problem-solving exercises, discussion questions, collaborative projects, case studies, hands-on activities, and inspiring stories of actual music entrepreneurs. The textbook's companion website provides multi-media content, study guides, and an instructor's manual with lesson plans and suggestions for assessing students' work. This book will be beneficial to students who want to learn the basics of the music industry and be involved in some way, whether a professional working in support of artists, or an artist trying to launch his or her performing career.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415896382 20160610
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Music industry
- 9780415896382 (paperback)
- 041589638X (paperback)
- 9780203096697 (e-book)
- 020309669X (e-book)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: