Encyclopedia of transitional justice
- edited by Lavinia Stan, St. Francis Xavier University, Nadya Nedelsky, Macalester College.
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 3 volumes ; 26 cm
Law Library (Crown)
Library has: v.1-
|K5250 .E53 2013 V.1||Unknown|
|K5250 .E53 2013 V.2||Unknown|
|K5250 .E53 2013 V.3||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- V. 1. Entries on transitional justice methods, processes, and practices. Entries on transitional justice debates, controversies, and key questions. Entries on transitional justice concepts and terms
- v. 2. Entries on countries
- v. 3. Entries on transitional justice institutions and organizations.
- Publisher's Summary
- This comprehensive three-volume reference work collects and summarizes the wealth of information available in the field of transitional justice. Transitional justice is an emerging domain of inquiry that has gained importance with the regime changes in Latin America after the 1970s, the collapse of the European and Soviet communist regimes in 1989 and 1991, and the Arab revolutions of 2011, among others. The Encyclopedia of Transitional Justice, which offers 287 entries written by 166 scholars and practitioners drawn from diverse jurisdictions, includes detailed country studies; entries on transitional justice institutions and organizations; descriptions of transitional justice methods, processes and practices; examinations of key debates and controversies; and a glossary of relevant terms and concepts. The Encyclopedia's accessible style will appeal to a broad audience interested in understanding how different countries have reckoned with post-conflict justice.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780521196178 (hardback volume 1 : alk. paper)
- 0521196175 (hardback volume 1 : alk. paper)
- 9780521196246 (hardback volume 2 : alk. paper)
- 0521196248 (hardback volume 2 : alk. paper)
- 9781107027640 (hardback volume 3 : alk. paper)
- 1107027640 (hardback volume 3 : alk. paper)
- 9780521196277 (set)
- 0521196272 (set)
Browse related items
Start at call number: