- Jonathan Block, Jacques Distler, Ron Donagi, Eric Sharpe, editors.
- Providence, Rhode Island : American Mathematical Society, 
- Physical description
- xiv, 484 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Proceedings of symposia in pure mathematics ; v. 85.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA1 .A626 V.85||Unknown|
- String-Math (Conference) (2011 : Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Block, Jonathan, 1960- editor of compilation.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher's Summary
- The nature of interactions between mathematicians and physicists has been thoroughly transformed in recent years. String theory and quantum field theory have contributed a series of profound ideas that gave rise to entirely new mathematical fields and revitalized older ones. The influence flows in both directions, with mathematical techniques and ideas contributing crucially to major advances in string theory. A large and rapidly growing number of both mathematicians and physicists are working at the string-theoretic interface between the two academic fields. The String-Math conference series aims to bring together leading mathematicians and mathematically minded physicists working in this interface. This volume contains the proceedings of the inaugural conference in this series, String-Math 2011, which was held June 6-11, 2011, at the University of Pennsylvania.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Geometry, Algebraic > Congresses.
- Quantum theory > Mathematics > Congresses.
- Algebraic geometry.
- Category theory; homological algebra.
- Topological groups, Lie groups.
- Differential geometry.
- Global analysis, analysis on manifolds.
- Quantum theory.
- Quantum theory -- Quantum field theory; related classical field theories -- Quantum field theory; related classical field theories.
- Relativity and gravitational theory.
- Relativity and gravitational theory -- Unified, higher-dimensional and super field theories -- Unified, higher-dimensional and super field theories.
- Relativity and gravitational theory -- Unified, higher-dimensional and super field theories -- String and superstring theories.
- Publication date
- Proceedings of symposia in pure mathematics ; volume 85
- "String-Math 2011, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, June 6-11, 2011"--Title page verso.
- 9780821872956 (hardcover : acid-free paper)
- 0821872958 (hardcover : acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: