Functions, spaces, and expansions : mathematical tools in physics and engineering
- Ole Christensen.
- Boston, Mass. : Birkhäuser, 2010.
- Physical description
- xix, 263 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Applied and numerical harmonic analysis.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA331.7 .C57 2010||Unknown|
- Christensen, Ole, 1966-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Mathematical Background.- Normed Vector Spaces.- Banach Spaces.- Hilbert Spaces.- The Lp-spaces.- The Hilbert Space L2.- The Fourier Transform.- An Introduction to Wavelet Analysis.- A Closer Look at Multiresolution Analysis.- B-splines.- Special Functions.- Appendix A.- Appendix B.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780817649791 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- This graduate-level textbook is a detailed exposition of key mathematical tools in analysis aimed at students, researchers, and practitioners across science and engineering. Every topic covered has been specifically chosen because it plays a key role outside the field of pure mathematics. Although the treatment of each topic is mathematical in nature, and concrete applications are not delineated, the principles and tools presented are fundamental to exploring the computational aspects of physics and engineering. Readers are expected to have a solid understanding of linear algebra, in Rn and in general vector spaces. Familiarity with the basic concepts of calculus and real analysis, including Riemann integrals and infinite series of real or complex numbers, is also required.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780817649791 20160605
- Publication date
- Applied and numerical harmonic analysis
- 9780817649791 (pbk.)
- 0817649794 (pbk.)
- 0817649808 (ebk.)
- 9780817649807 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: