Max-linear systems : theory and algorithms
- Peter Butkovič.
- London ; New York : Springer Verlag, c2010.
- Physical description
- xvii, 272 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Springer monographs in mathematics.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA582 .B88 2010||Unknown|
- Butkovič, Peter.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 261-267) and index.
- Max-algebra: Two Special Features.- One-sided Max-linear Systems and Max-algebraic Subspaces.- Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors.- Maxpolynomials. The Characteristic Maxpolynomial.- Linear Independence and Rank. The Simple Image Set.- Two-sided Max-linear Systems.- Reachability of Eigenspaces.- Generalized Eigenproblem.- Max-linear Programs.- Conclusions and Open Problems.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Recent years have seen a significant rise of interest in max-linear theory and techniques. Specialised international conferences and seminars or special sessions devoted to max-algebra have been organised. This book aims to provide a first detailed and self-contained account of linear-algebraic aspects of max-algebra for general (that is both irreducible and reducible) matrices. Among the main features of the book is the presentation of the fundamental max-algebraic theory (Chapters 1-4), often scattered in research articles, reports and theses, in one place in a comprehensive and unified form. This presentation is made with all proofs and in full generality (that is for both irreducible and reducible matrices). Another feature is the presence of advanced material (Chapters 5-10), most of which has not appeared in a book before and in many cases has not been published at all. Intended for a wide-ranging readership, this book will be useful for anyone with basic mathematical knowledge (including undergraduate students) who wish to learn fundamental max-algebraic ideas and techniques. It will also be useful for researchers working in tropical geometry or idempotent analysis.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Springer monographs in mathematics
Browse related items
Start at call number: