Reciprocity laws : from Euler to Eisenstein
- Franz Lemmermeyer.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2000.
- Physical description
- xix, 487 p. ; 24 cm.
- Springer monographs in mathematics.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA241 .L56 2000||Unknown|
- Lemmermeyer, Franz, 1962-
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- 1. The Genesis of Quadratic Reciprocity
- 2. Quadratic Number Fields
- 3. Cyclotomic Number Fields
- 4. Power Residues and Gauss Sums
- 5. Rational Reciprocity Laws
- 6. Quartic Reciprocity
- 7. Cubic Reciprocity
- 8. Eisenstein's Analytic Proofs
- 9. Octic Reciprocity
- 10. Gauss's Last Entry
- 11. Eisenstein Reciprocity.
- Publisher's Summary
- This book covers the development of reciprocity laws, starting from conjectures of Euler and discussing the contributions of Legendre, Gauss, Dirichlet, Jacobi, and Eisenstein. Readers knowledgeable in basic algebraic number theory and Galois theory will find detailed discussions of the reciprocity laws for quadratic, cubic, quartic, sextic and octic residues, rational reciprocity laws, and Eisensteins reciprocity law. An extensive bibliography will be of interest to readers interested in the history of reciprocity laws or in the current research in this area.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540669579 20160610
- Supplemental links
Table of Contents
- Publication date
- Springer monographs in mathematics, 1439-7382
- 3540669574 (acid-free paper)
- 9783540669579 (acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: