Plant mutation breeding and biotechnology
- Cambridge, Mass. : CABI International, c2012.
- Physical description
- 608 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
SB123 .P5637 2012
- Unknown SB123 .P5637 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- SECTION I-- Concepts, Historical Development and Genetic Basis-- SECTION II-- Mutagens and Induced Mutagenesis-- SECTION III-- Mutation Induction and Mutant Development-- SECTION IV-- Mutation Breeding-- SECTION V-- Mutations in Functional Genomics.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This comprehensive book covers the underlying scientific principles, state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies of plant mutagenesis. It covers historical development and commonly used terminologies, chemical and physical mutagenesis, mutation induction, mutation breeding and mutations in functional genomics research. Suitable both as a manual for professionals and a resource for students in plant breeding and research, the book includes exemplary cases of practical applications and an appendix of recommended doses of gamma and fast neutron irradiation for almost 200 plant species. It is suitable for researchers, students and breeders in plant sciences and genetics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Q.Y. Shu, B.P.Forster, H. Nakagawa.
- 9781780640853 (CAB International : alk. paper)
- 1780640854 (CAB International : alk. paper)