Plant pest risk analysis : concepts and application
- edited by Christina Devorshak.
- Wallingford, Oxfordshire ; Boston : CABI, c2012.
- Physical description
- x, 296 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.), maps (some col.) ; 25 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|SB950 .P55 2012||Unknown|
- Devorshak, Christina, 1969-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- PART I - Overview of Risk Analysis-- 1. Introduction-- 2. Basic Concepts-- 3. Historical Context-- 4. International Legal & Regulatory Framework-- PART II - Pest Risk Analysis Concepts-- 5. Information and Terminology in Pest Risk Analysis - PRA-- 6. Applications of PRA-- 7. Qualitative & Quantitative Methods-- PART III - Components of Pest Risk Analysis-- 8. Risk Assessment-- 9. Risk Management-- 10. Uncertainty-- 11. Risk Communication-- PART IV - Special Topics-- 12. Special Topics - invasive species, precautionary principle, ALOP, LMOs-- Appendix 1: PRA Toolbox and Building a PRA Library, Resources for Risk Analysis-- Appendix 2: PRA-related jurisprudence in the WTO.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781780640365 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- This text provides instruction on the concepts and application of risk analysis in the field of regulatory plant protection, covering topics such as the background on why and how risk analysis is conducted and specific methods for implementing risk analysis. This book also provides useful exercises and case studies to aid students of plant pathology and crop protection in their absorption of the subject. Equally useful for practitioners, this book is written by experts with a wealth of national and international experience. Students of plant pathology and crop protection as well as practitioners and professional courses on pest risk analysis.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781780640365 20160612
- Publication date
- 9781780640365 (alk. paper)
- 1780640366 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: