Introduction to environmental science : earth and man
- Malcolm Cresser ... [et al.].
- Harlow, UK : Pearson Education, 2013.
- Physical description
- xxx, 593 p. : col. ill., col. maps ; 25 cm.
Biology Library (Falconer)
|GE105 .I58 2013||Unknown|
- Cresser, Malcolm S.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Table of Contents Preface About the Authors Chapter 1: A trip through time on planet Earth Malcolm Cresser & Paul Ayris Chapter 2: The global cycling and functions of water Malcolm Cresser & Paul Ayris Chapter 3: The origins of the atmosphere Nicola Carslaw Chapter 4: The natural carbon cycle Malcolm Cresser Chapter 5: The cycling of nitrogen and selected other elements Malcolm Cresser Chapter 6: Ecology and biodiversity on Earth Lesley Batty Chapter 7: The evolution and functions of soils Malcolm Cresser Chapter 8: Climate change Nicola Carslaw Chapter 9: Organic matter in rivers Malcolm Cresser Chapter 10: James Lovelock, Gaia, and beyond Malcolm Cresser Chapter 11: Man-made chemicals and the environment Alistair Boxall Chapter 12: The production of food & its environmental impacts Malcolm Cresser & Craig Adams Chapter 13: Wildlife disease: An emerging problem Piran White, Monika Bohm & Michael Hutchings Chapter 14: The use and abuse of water cycling Malcolm Cresser & Cumhur Aydinalp Chapter 15: Exploiting the sea for fish Julie Hawkins & Callum Roberts Chapter 16: Atmospheric pollution: Deposition and impacts Malcolm Cresser Chapter 17: How do we quantify biogeochemical cycles? Malcolm Cresser Chapter 18: Renewable and non-renewable energy Craig Adams Chapter 19: Soil pollution and abuse Malcolm Cresser, Sophie Green & Clare Wilson Chapter 20: Risk assessment and remediation of environmental contamination Ken Killham & Graeme Paton Chapter 21: Pollution swapping Keith Goulding Chapter 22: The trouble with man is...or "what have you damaged today?" Elena Dawkins & Anne Owen Chapter 23: The nature and merits of green chemistry Andrew Hunt and James Clark Chapter 24: Doing environmental science at the right scale Dave Raffaelli Chapter 25: Biodiversity: Trends, significance, conservation and management Dave Raffaelli.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780131789326 20160611
- Publisher's Summary
- Introduction to Environmental Science: Earth and Man provides a comprehensive and fully integrated interdisciplinary introduction to our planet, covering the complex interactions between chemistry, physics, biology, geology, hydrology, climatology, social science and environmental policy. Written in a lively and engaging style, it aims to stimulate interest in this dynamic and important area, and facilitate new ways of thinking about how environmental problems should be critically evaluated and solved.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780131789326 20160611
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Environmental science
- 9780131789326 (pbk.)
- 0131789325 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: