Teaching for results : best practices in integrating co-teaching and differentiated instruction
- Jennings, Matthew.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, c2012.
- Physical description
- v, 119 p. ; 23 cm.
LB1029 .T4 J46 2012
- Unknown LB1029 .T4 J46 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 117).
- Chapter 1 Integrating Co-Teaching & Differentiated Instruction Chapter 2 Team Development Chapter 3 Laying the Foundation for a Collaborative Classroom Chapter 4 Assessment for and of Learning Chapter 5 Instructional Planning and Preparation Chapter 6 Instruction in a Co-Taught Classroom Chapter 7 Continuous Improvement Chapter 8 The Role of the Administration Appendix References About the Author.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Collaborative teaching has the potential to improve the performance of both students and teachers. However, this method is not regularly capitalized in many schools because teachers who are assigned to co-teach often lack task-specific knowledge and skills to better prepare them. Fortunately these skills can be learned. In addition to establishing a solid foundation of teamwork skills, Teaching for Results will explain how to use the structure of co-teaching to practically and effectively implement differentiated instruction in their classrooms. This essential guide will demonstrate to readers how to use best practices in differentiated instruction in order to effectively co-manage, co-assess, co-plan, and co-instruct a diverse group of learners in any general education classroom.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Matthew J. Jennings.
- 9781610487832 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610487834 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610487849 (electronic)
- 1610487842 (electronic)