Paulo Freire encyclopedia
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxvi, 463 pages ; 26 cm.
LB880 .F732 P3745 2012
- Unknown LB880 .F732 P3745 2012
- Streck, Danilo Romeu, editor of compilation.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface to the English Edition Fifty Years after Angicos: Paulo Freire, Popular Education, and the Struggle for a Better World That Is Possible, by Carlos Alberto Torres Preface Entries Authors Paulo Freire: A Brief Intellectual Map 1 Words and Concepts Paulo Freire Bibliography, by Ana Maria de Araujo Friere Index About the Editors.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Comprised of 230 entries written by 104 international scholars well-known in the field, this is the definitive resource on one of the most influential educators of the second half of the last century. The entries are more properly themes (or using Freirean language, generative themes) from Paulo Freire's work and include: Action-Reflection, Alienation, Otherness , Illiteracy, Activism, the Classroom, Autonomy, Authority, Authoritarianism, Evaluation, Citizenship, Culture circles, Social class, Coherence, Trust, Knowledge/knowing, Contradiction, Conflict, Popular culture, Epistemological curiosity, Decency, Human rights, Ecology, Professional education, State, Ethics, Exile, Existence, Experience, Family, Feminism, Phenomenology, Globalization, Indignation, Intersubjectivity, Cultural invasion, Interdisciplinarity, Freedom, Liberation Theology, Leadership, Marx/Marxism, Modernity/Post-modernity, Human nature, Participation, Pedagogy, Praxis, Teacher, Racism, Rigor/rigorousness (Methodological), Transcendence, Utopia, Violence, Ontological vocation.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Danilo R. Streck, Euclides Redin, and Jaime José Zitkoski.
- 9781442216563 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1442216565 (cloth : alk. paper)