Bacterial nanocellulose : a sophisticated multifunctional material
- edited by Miguel Gama, Paul Gatenholm, Dieter Klemm.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxxi, 272 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Perspectives in nanotechnology.
Biology Library (Falconer)
QR88.3 .B33 2013
- Unknown QR88.3 .B33 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Biosynthesis of Bacterial Cellulose Inder M. Saxena and R. Malcolm Brown, Jr. Effect of Cultivation Conditions on the Structure and Morphological Properties of BNC Biomaterials with a Focus on Vascular Grafts Paul Gatenholm, Kim Hoglund, Sara Johannesson, Maja Puchades, Christian Brackmann, Annika Enejder, and Lisbeth Olsson Large-Scale Production of BNC: State and Challenges Dana Kralisch and Nadine Hessler Tough Bacterial Nanocellulose Hydrogels Based on the Double-Network Technique Anamul Haque, Takayuki Kurokawa, and Jian Ping Gong Bacterial Cellulose Surface Modifications Joao P. Silva, Fabia K. Andrade, and Francisco Miguel Gama Nematic Ordered Cellulose Templates Tetsuo Kondo Applications and Products-Nata de Coco Muenduen Phisalaphong and Nadda Chiaoprakobkij Wound Dressings and Cosmetic Materials from Bacterial Nanocellulose Stanislaw Bielecki, Halina Kalinowska, Alina Krystynowicz, Katarzyna Kubiak, Marek Kolodziejczyk, and Manu de Groeve Bacterial Nanocellulose Hydrogels Designed as Bioartificial Medical Implants Dieter Klemm, Hannes Ahrem, Friederike Kramer, Wolfgang Fried, Jens Wippermann, and Raimund W. Kinne Bacterial Nanocellulose Biomaterials with Controlled Architecture for Tissue Engineering Scaffolds and Customizable Implants Paul Gatenholm, Joel Berry, Andrea Rojas, Michael B. Sano, Rafael V. Davalos, Kara Johnson, and Laurie O'Rourke Biomimetic Mineralization of Apatite on Bacterial Cellulose Thi Thi Nge and Junji Sugiyama Bacterial Nanocellulose as a Structured Platform for Conductive Biopolymers Fernando Dourado, Daliana Muller, Catarina Nunes, Carlos Rambo, and Guilherme Mariz de Oliveira Barra.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Bacterial nanocellulose (BNC) is an emerging nanomaterial with unique properties produced by several species of ubiquitous fermentation bacteria, most importantly Gluconacetobacter xylinus, previously known as Acetobacter xylinum. BNC has been used for a variety of commercial applications including textiles, cosmetics, and food products, and it has a high potential for medical applications. Bacterial NanoCellulose: A Sophisticated Multifunctional Material provides the state of the art of scientific knowledge about the mechanism of cellulose production by bacteria along with pointing out challenges in expansion of BNC production in large scale. It provides the latest update on BNC structure and its modification, as well as comprehensive information about current and future applications of BNC. This seminal work covers the basic science, technology, and economic impact of this bulk chemical as well as the companies and patents that are driving the field. It reviews the biosynthesis and properties of BNC.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Perspectives in nanotechnology
- 9781439869918 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 143986991X (hardback : alk. paper)