Cultural resource laws and practice
- Thomas F. King.
- Fourth edition.
- Lanham, Maryland : AltaMira Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiv, 444 pages : illustration ; 23 cm.
- Heritage resources management series.
Law Library (Crown)
|KF4310 .K56 2013||Unknown|
- King, Thomas F., author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 419-428) and index.
- Cultural resource management : why is it? what is it? who does it?
- Cultural resources in the broadest sense : practice under the National Environmental Policy Act
- Historic properties as cultural resources : the National Register of Historic Places
- Managing impacts on historic properties : Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act
- More about historic places
- Cultural resources in, of, and from the land
- "Intangible" and portable cultural resources
- Comprehensive cultural resource management?
- Working with cultural resource management : being a cultural resource.
- Publisher's Summary
- In this fourth edition of the CRM classic, Thomas F. King shares his expertise in dealing with laws regulating the use of cultural resources. With wry insight, he explains the various federal, state, and local laws governing the protection of resources, how they have been interpreted, how they operate in practice, and even how they are sometimes in contradiction with each other. He provides helpful advice on how to ensure regulatory compliance in dealing with archaeological sites, historic buildings, urban districts, sacred sites and objects, shipwrecks, and archives. King also offers careful guidance through the confusing array of federal, state, and tribal offices concerned with CRM. Featuring updated analysis and treatments of key topics, this new edition is a must-have for archaeologists and students, historic preservationists, tribal governments, and others working with cultural resources.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780759121751 20160610
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Cultural resource laws & practice
- Heritage resources management series
- Other edition
- Revision of: King, Thomas F. Cultural resource laws & practice. 3rd ed. Lanham, MD : AltaMira Press, c2008
- 9780759121744 (cloth)
- 0759121745 (cloth)
- 9780759121751 (pbk.)
- 0759121753 (pbk.)
- 9780759121768 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: