EU public procurement law
- Christopher H. Bovis, H.K. Bevan Chair in Law, Law School, University of Hull, UK.
- Second edition.
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA, USA : Edward Elgar, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xx, 521 pages ; 24 cm.
- Elgar European law.
Law Library (Crown)
|KJE5632 .B683 2012||Unknown|
- Bovis, Christopher, author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contents: Foreword Introduction 1. Public Procurement and the Single Market 2. The Legal Framework of Public Sector Procurement 3. The Legal Framework of Utilities Procurement 4. Redress and Remedies in Public Procurement 5. The Doctrines and Principles of Public Procurement 6. The Notion of Contracting Authorities 7. The Notion of Public Contracts 8. The Award of Public Procurement Contracts 9. Procurement and Partnerships Conclusions Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780857938411 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- In this fully revised and updated edition, Christopher Bovis provides a detailed, critical, concise and accessible overview of the public procurement legal framework and its interaction with policies within the European Union and the its Member States. Public procurement represents an essential part of the Single Market project, launched by European Institutions in 2011. Its regulation will insert competition and transparency in the market and be a safeguard to the attainment of fundamental principles of the Treaties. This book demonstrates the impact of the relevant Directives on Member States through the development of the case-law of the European Court of Justice and assesses the judicial review of public contracts at national level. It positions public procurement at the centre of the legal and policy debate surrounding the delivery of public services and the advancement of competitiveness and industrial policy in the EU. The book highlights the pivotal role of public procurement for the Europe 2020 Growth Strategy. Demonstrating the concepts and principles of public procurement, this comprehensive book will have a strong appeal to academic researchers, lawyers judges, practitioners, and policy makers at the European, international and national levels as well as students of law, policy and management.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780857938411 20160610
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- European Union public procurement law
- Elgar European law
- 9780857938411 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 085793841X (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780857938428 (ebook)
- 0857938428 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: