Radical voices for democratic schooling : exposing neoliberal inequalities
- Orelus, Pierre W.
- First edition.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2012, ©2012.
- Physical description
- xxxii, 254 pages ; 23 cm.
- Palgrave Macmillan's postcolonial studies in education.
LC65 .O725 2012
- Unknown LC65 .O725 2012
- Malott, Curry, 1972-
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- PART I: BEYOND THE DARKNESS OF NEOLIBERALS, CAPITALISM AND RACISM: TOWARD A MORE HUMAN WORLD. Introduction to Part I Re-examining The Impact of Colonialism and Neo-liberalism On Third World Countries: A Dialogue with Noam Chomsky Re-Examining Class and Racial Dominations in the New Era of Western Capitalism: A Conversation With Antonia Darder The Fight Against Neo-liberalism Has Just Begun: A Dialogue With Dave Hill A Critical Pedagogy of Revolutionary Solidarity Against Neoliberal, White-Supremacist, Petro-Chemical Plunder: A Conversation With Curry Stephenson Malott PART II: HOW DO SCHOOLS, THE MEDIA, AND THE CAPITALIST SYSTEM REPRODUCE SOCIAL INEQUALITIES? Introduction to Part II Class Warfare: A Dialogue With Pepi Leistyna Higher Education, Capitalism, Democracy, and Community: Challenges and Hope: A Dialogue With Herman Garcia Democracy and Social Justice in a Capitalist Society: Is This possible? A Conversation With Shirley Steinberg PART III: UNVEILING LINGUICISM, SEXISM, AND XENOPHOBIA IN THE SUPREME STAGE OF NEO- LIBERALISM AND NEO-COLONIALISM Introduction to Part III An Arab-Muslim Feminist Negotiating Gender/Nation/Sexuality/Colonial Discourses: A Conversation With Manal Hamzeh De-Neocolonizing Schools-Toward a Transformative School System: Pierre Orelus and Giuseppe de Simone: A Dialogue Fighting Microaggressions on University/College Campuses: A Conversation With Maribel Oropeza PART IV: INDIGENOUS VOICES ECHOING AGAINST NEOCOLONIALISM AND WHITE SUPREMACY Introduction to Part IV Resisting the WhiteStream: A Conversation With Sandy Grande A Pedagogy of Combat: Confrontations with American Racism, Colonialism, and the Whiteness of Genocide: An Interview with Ward Churchill Conclusion.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Using dialogue as a form of inquiry and the collective voices and innovative ideas of prominent scholars from various fields, this book thoroughly examines the intersection of neoliberalism, neocolonialism, and racism in education. It is the product o.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- By Pierre W. Orelus and Curry S. Malott.
- Palgrave Macmillan's Postcolonial Studies in Education
- 9781137033925 (hbk.)
- 1137033924 (hbk.)