Instructional leadership : a research-based guide to learning in schools
- Anita Woolfolk Hoy, Wayne Kolter Hoy.
- 4th ed.
- Boston : Pearson, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxii, 402 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Allyn & Bacon educational leadership series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2805 .H713 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 355-390) and index.
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Teaching and Learning Chapter 2: Student Diversity Chapter 3: Student Abilities and Challenges Chapter 4: Learning Chapter 5: Motivation Chapter 6: Teaching Chapter 7: Classroom Management Chapter 8: Assessing Student Learning Chapter 9: Assessing and Changing School Culture and Climate.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780132678070 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- This first-of-its-kind resource offers principals and other instructional leaders up to date knowledge and theories of teaching and learning, plus practical curriculum applications of those perspectives. Reaching beyond the traditional concept of supervision in which principals were responsible for rating teachers' effectiveness, Instructional Leadership, 4/e asserts that teachers and principals must work as colleagues to improve teaching and learning in schools. Using a learning-centered approach that emphasizes making decisions that support student learning, the authors address issues critical to the teaching and learning process: student differences, learning, student motivation, teaching, classroom management, assessing student learning, and assessing and changing school climate and culture.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780132678070 20160610
- Publication date
- The Allyn & Bacon educational leadership series
- 9780132678070 (pbk.)
- 0132678071 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: