Interpretation of Hebrew names / Stephen Langton: manuscript leaf
- England, early 13th century.
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|MISC 1834||In-library use|
- Langton, Stephen, -1228
- This leaf contains entries for "Anae" through "Armenii."
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Latin manuscript on vellum. Three columns of 60 lines, black ink, four 2 to 3 line red or blue initials "A, " each entry beginning with a calligraphic "A" in black.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased from the Dictionary collection of Thomas Main Rodgers, 2012. Accession 2012-273.
- Langton's dictionary of Biblical Hebrew, compiled between 1210 and 1220, was a familiar inclusion in 13th century Bibles.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: