Iterative methods for fixed point problems in Hilbert spaces
- Andrzej Cegielski.
- New York : Springer Verlag, 2012.
- Physical description
- xvi, 298 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 23 cm.
- Lecture notes in mathematics (Springer-Verlag) 2057.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|Shelved by Series title V.2057||At bindery|
- Cegielski, Andrzej.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 275-289) and index.
- 1 Introduction.- 2 Algorithmic Operators.- 3 Convergence of Iterative Methods.- 4 Algorithmic Projection Operators.- 5 Projection methods.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783642309007 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- Iterative methods for finding fixed points of non-expansive operators in Hilbert spaces have been described in many publications. In this monograph we try to present the methods in a consolidated way. We introduce several classes of operators, examine their properties, define iterative methods generated by operators from these classes and present general convergence theorems. On this basis we discuss the conditions under which particular methods converge. A large part of the results presented in this monograph can be found in various forms in the literature (although several results presented here are new). We have tried, however, to show that the convergence of a large class of iteration methods follows from general properties of some classes of operators and from some general convergence theorems.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783642309007 20160610
- Publication date
- Lecture notes in mathematics ; 2057
- 9783642309014 (ebk.)
- 3642309011 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: