Innovative methods of marine ecosystem restoration
- editors, Thomas J. Goreau and Robert Kent Trench.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- xv, 296 p. : ill. ; 26 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
Earth Sciences Library (Branner)
Library has: 1 v. + 1 CD-
|QH541.5 .S3 I537 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Dedication to Wolf Hilbertz, Thomas J. Goreau Innovative Methods of Marine Ecosystem Restoration: An Introduction, Thomas J. Goreau Restoring Reefs to Grow Back Beaches and Protect Coasts from Erosion and Global Sea Level Rise, Thomas J. Goreau, Wolf Hilbertz, Abdul Azeez, Abdul Hakeem, Thomas Sarkisian, Frank Gutzeit, and Ari Spenhoff Reef Restoration Using Seawater Electrolysis in Jamaica, Thomas J. Goreau and Wolf Hilbertz Electrically Stimulated Corals in Indonesia Reef Restoration Projects Show Greatly Accelerated Growth Rates, Jamaludin Jompa, Suharto, Eka Marlina Anpusyahnur, Putra Nyoman Dwjja, Jobnico Subagio, Ilham Alimin, Rosihan Anwar, Syarif Syamsuddin, Thri Heni Utami Radiman, Heri Triyono, R. Ahmad Sue, and Nyoman Soeyasa Biorock Reef Restoration in Gili Trawangan, North Lombok, Indonesia, Lalu Arifin Aria Bakti, Arben Virgota, Luh Putu Ayu Damayanti, Thri Heni Utami Radiman, Ambar Retnowulan, Hernawati, Abdus Sabil, and Delphine Robbe Electrical Current Stimulates Coral Branching and Growth in Jakarta Bay, Neviaty P. Zamani, Khalid I. Abdallah, and Beginer Subhan Electricity Protects Coral from Overgrowth by an Encrusting Sponge in Indonesia, Jens Nitzsche Gorgonian Soft Corals Have Higher Growth and Survival in Electrical Fields, Diannisa Fitri and M. Aspari Rachman Suitability of Mineral Accretion as a Rehabilitation Method for Cold-Water Coral Reefs, Susanna M. Stromberg, Tomas Lundalv, and Thomas J. Goreau Utilization of Low-Voltage Electricity to Stimulate Cultivation of Pearl Oysters Pinctada maxima (Jameson), Prawita Tasya Karissa, Sukardi, Susilo Budi Priyono, N. Gustaf F. Mamangkey, and Joseph James Uel Taylor Increased Oyster Growth and Survival Using Biorock Technology, Nikola Berger, Mara Haseltine, J. T. Boehm, and Thomas J. Goreau Electrical Stimulation Increases Oyster Growth and Survival in Restoration Projects, Jason Shorr, James Cervino, Carmen Lin, Rand Weeks, and Thomas J. Goreau Restoration of Seagrass Mats (Posidonia oceanica) with Electrical Stimulation, Raffaele Vaccarella and Thomas J. Goreau Electrical Fields Increase Salt Marsh Survival and Growth and Speed Restoration in Adverse Conditions, James Cervino, Dajana Gjoza, Carmen Lin, Rand Weeks, and Thomas Goreau Fish Postlarval Capture and Culture for Restoring Fisheries, Gilles Lecaillon Mariculture Potential of Gracilaria Species [Rhodophyta] in Jamaican Nitrate-Enriched Back-Reef Habitats: Growth, Nutrient Uptake, and Elemental Composition, Arlen Havenner Macfarlane Sustainable Reef Design to Optimize Habitat Restoration, Mara G. Haseltine Marine Ecosystem Electrotherapy: Practice and Theory, Thomas J. Goreau.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781466557734 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- Innovative Methods of Marine Ecosystem Restoration offers a ray of hope in an increasingly gloomy scenario. This book is the first presentation of revolutionary new methods for restoring damaged marine ecosystems. It discusses new techniques for greatly increasing the recruitment, growth, survival, and resistance to stress of marine ecosystems, fisheries, and eroding shorelines, maintaining biodiversity and productivity where it would be lost. The book provides experimental proof that mild electrical stimulation results in increased settlement, increased growth, and reduced mortality for a wide variety of marine organisms, including corals, oysters, sponges, sea-grasses, and salt-marsh grasses. In addition to the diversity of ecosystems and geographic regions covered, the contributors from fourteen nations across the globe make this work the first truly global study of marine ecosystem restoration.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781466557734 20160610
- Publication date
- 9781466557734 (hardback)
- 1466557737 (hardback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: