Problems in structural inorganic chemistry
- Wai-Kee Li ... [et al.].
- 1st ed.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- ix, 314 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
|QD154 .P75 2013||Unknown|
- Li, Wai-Kee.
- ncludes bibliographical references (p. 305-312) and index.
- 1. Atomic and Molecular Electronic States -- 2. Atomic Orbitals -- 3. Hybrid Orbitals -- 4. Molecular Symmetry -- 5. Molecular Geometry and Bonding -- 6. Crystal Field Theory -- 7. Molecular Orbital Theory -- 8. Vibrational Spectroscopy -- 9. Crystal Structure -- Appendices.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780199658503 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- This book consists of over 300 problems (and their solutions) in structural inorganic chemistry at the senior undergraduate and beginning graduate level. The topics covered comprise Atomic and Molecular Electronic States, Atomic Orbitals, Hybrid Orbitals, Molecular Symmetry, Molecular Geometry and Bonding, Crystal Field Theory, Molecular Orbital Theory, Vibrational Spectroscopy, and Crystal Structure. The central theme running through these topics is symmetry, molecular or crystalline. The problems collected in this volume originate in examination papers and take-home assignments that have been part of the teaching of the book's two senior authors' at The Chinese University of Hong Kong over the past four decades. The authors' courses include Chemical Bonding, Elementary Quantum Chemistry, Advanced Inorganic Chemistry, X-Ray Crystallography, etc. The problems have been tested by generations of students taking these courses.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780199658503 20160609
- Publication date
- 9780199658497 (hbk.)
- 0199658498 (hbk.)
- 0199658501 (pbk.)
- 9780199658503 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: