Geotechnical engineer's portable handbook : with the 2012 international building code
- Robert W. Day.
- 2nd ed.
- New York : McGraw Hill, c2012.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (various pagings) : ill., maps ; 22 cm.
Earth Sciences Library (Branner)
|TA705 .D325 2012||Unknown|
- Day, Robert W.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part 1. Geotechnical Engineering Chapter 1. Introduction Chapter 2. Field Exploration Chapter 3. Laboratory Testing Chapter 4. Soil and Rock Classification Chapter 5. Phase Relationships Chapter 6. Effective Stress and Stress Distribution Chapter 7. Shear Strength Chapter 8. Permeability and Seepage Chapter 9. Settlement Analyses Chapter 10. Bearing Capacity Analyses Chapter 11. Pavement and Pipeline Design Chapter 12. Expansive Soil Chapter 13. Slope Stability Chapter 14. Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering Chapter 15. Erosion Analyses Chapter 16. Retaining Walls Chapter 17. Deterioration Chapter 18. Foundations Part 2. Construction Chapter 19. Grading and Other Site Improvement Methods Chapter 20. Groundwater and Percolation Tests Chapter 21. Excavation, Underpinning, and Field Load Tests Chapter 22. Geosynthetics Chapter 23. Instrumentation Part 3. 2012 International Building Code Chapter 24. International Building Code Regulations for Soils Chapter 25. International Building Code Regulations for Foundations Appendix A. Glossary Appendix B. Examples of Grading Specifications and Foundation Engineering Report Appendix C. Percolation Test Procedures Appendix D. Conversion Factors Appendix E. Example Problems and Solutions Appendix F. References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This title provides instant access to the latest geotechnical engineering data. Fully updated to include the 2012 International Building Code (IBC), "Geotechnical Engineer's Portable Handbook, Second Edition", features a wealth of on-the-job geotechnical and construction related information in a convenient, quick-reference format. This practical resource is filled with essential data, formulas, and guidelines you can access right away. Detailed tables, charts, graphs, and illustrations are included throughout the book for ease of use in the field. This title includes: Field exploration; Laboratory testing; Soil and rock classification; Phase relationships; Effective stress and stress distribution; Shear strength; Permeability and seepage; Settlement analyses; Bearing capacity analyses; Pavement and pipeline design; Expansive soil; Slope stability; Geotechnical earthquake engineering; Erosion analyses; Retaining walls; Deterioration; Foundations; Grading and other site improvement methods; Groundwater and percolation tests; Excavation, underpinning, and field lead tests; Geosynthetics; Instrumentation International Building Code regulations for soils; and, International Building Code regulations for foundations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: