Legislating for equality : a multinational collection of non-discrimination norms
- edited by Talia Naʻamat, Nina Osin, and Dina Porat.
- Leiden ; Boston : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2012-
- Physical description
- v. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
Library has: v.1-
|K3242 .L443 2012 V.1||Unknown|
|K3242 .L443 2012 V.2||Unknown|
|K3242 .L443 2012 V.3||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- v. 1. Europe
- v. 2. Americas
- v. 3. Africa
- Publisher's Summary
- This unique collection offers a survey of legal and legislative means to combat racism, xenophobia, anti-semitism and other forms of related intolerance. Its aim is threefold: 1) to provide a legal model for fighting racism, xenophobia, anti-semitism and discrimination through domestic legislation; 2) to compare existing national legislation with international legal instruments designed to combat racial and other forms of discrimination, in order to bring domestic laws into line with international legal norms; 3) to provide a tool for researchers, legislators, human rights activists and all those who work to protect the rights of minorities and victims of incitement and discrimination, as well as for domestic and international institutions, which monitor compliance with these laws. The survey thus constitutes a major contribution to the study of racism and anti-semitism because it demonstrates how these phenomena can be fought through the medium of the law. Each volume consists of two sections: the first, containing international conventions; the second, and main section, containing current constitutional law, specific legislation and ratification of international conventions in (over 200) individual states. Volume 1 deals with Europe; Volume 2 with the Americas; Volume 3 with Africa and Volume 4 with Asia and the South Pacific.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789004226128 20160615
- Beginning date
- Related Work
- Legislating against discrimination.
- 9789004226128 (v. 1)
- 9004226125 (v. 1)
- 9789004227545 (v. 3)
- 9789004227590 (v. 1 : ebk.)
- 9004227598 (v. 1 : ebk.)
- 9789004227538 (v. 2: hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9004227539 (v. 2: hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9789004227606 (e-bk.)
- 9004227547 (v. 3 : hbk : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: